02 March 2011

the world requires no audience


In honor of the release of Disney's classic animated feature and tear-jerker Bambi, here are a few "candid snapshots" of Bambi's distant cousins. They joined us for a hike yesternoon.


 Where's Waldo, Bambi Edition


So Majestic....


A Two For One, if you will...



(the following should be read in the voice of an NPR radio-host for your ultimate reading pleasure)



Ah Tuesdays... by far the most superior day of the week, if you ask me.  This Tuesday was an especially fine example of __________.  We started the day off with a nice hour long car ride. Swiftly followed by some hot bagels. And some eavesdropping. I won't lie. I was definitely dropping some eaves. They were asking for an audience, mind you. I'd tell you more, but I'm no gossip.
After a breakfast of champions, we headed over to Kinko's to have my new Harry Potter piano book snipped and coiled by a talented young gal. Then I was whisked away to Walgreen's, where my dearly beloved showered me in love covered sunscreen.. sick.. but he really did purchase me some sunscreen. And he sprayed it all over my pale white skin. Lucky guy. I mean, he's a really lucky guy..
After our mini shopping spree, we headed up the mountain for a little hike. We intended to sit by the waterfall and relax, but instead we sat by a water trickle and were harassed by flies. Not as tranquil as I had imagined. 




Then, my lover and I attempted to ascend the canyon walls to reach the summit of the raging water trickle. It seemed like a simple little climb.. In a matter of minutes we learned that looks can truly be deceiving. Not ones to give up easily, we put our heads down and powered through. Upon attaining the pinnacle of our journey, we were decidedly underwhelmed by the spectacle that greeted us. I didn't even desire to document the site through my photographic lens..


Our midday nourishment consisted of a delightful green salad wrapped in a locally sourced whole wheat tortilla. The oven roasted garbanzo beans really complemented the garlic infused dressing. Simply divine.


The climb down was treacherous, to say the least. There were a few moments where I contemplated sending out smoke signals. After shedding tears, sweat and even some blood, our feet once again danced upon the flat ground of the canyon floor. What a joy to behold.  Blahdidy-Blah-Blah-Blah....

Ohh... you're still interested?

Well, you are in for a real treat. Our adventure continues.

We still had 2 miles to hike back to the safety of our white crossover. We lollygagged our way down the trail with time to spare! Once we reached the car, Dave made friends with some grandmas while I changed into a skirt.



We really switched things up after the hike. We went to the ever-so-classy mall and did some serious people watching. My favorite sport. After some laughing and cajoling and a little canoodling we headed to a nearly private screening of Gnomeo and Juliet. Ah to be young again.. We topped off the evening with a romantic dinner at our favorite little Italian bistro. How divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment