04 February 2011

ahhhhh!

This afternoon, I was innocently reading on my bed, avoiding my unpacking duties when I heard a crazy noise in the garage.. I wanted to ignore it, but I decided that would be too lazy of me. I went into the garage expecting there to be some creepy rodent out there, but instead saw tons of water spewing out of the wall. It literally was like a fire hose streaming water from one corner of the garage to the other. I didn't know how to react and somehow chose to run into the water to save our earthly possessions (mainly Dave's amp and my harry potter books..) then I saw the trash can and decided to put it in front of the relentless torrent of water in hopes of saving myself from a certain death by drowning. My plan worked and I continued to move our belongings to higher ground. Then I called my mom and cried about how terrible my life had become. After my meltdown I called Pops, who helped me try to dismantle the anger our well held towards us. His genius mind found a solution, even 2000 miles away.  So I've spent the last hour sweeping as much water as I could out of the garage before it started to freeze. Woe is me. Also, our incredible landlord told us that all of the plumbers were busy until the middle of next week and there was nothing that they could do to help us.. which is quite obviously unacceptable. No worries though, Dave is on his way home from work and I’m sure he’ll be able to solve the rest of my problems.






1 comment:

  1. The new house is beautiful even if it's lakefront property right now. :)

    ReplyDelete