01 February 2011

tomorrow is a brighter day

The sunrise was awesome this morning.


I woke up and watched the sun rise this morning, but now I am back in bed listening to Simon & Garfunkel attempting to stay warm. Don't judge. I am glad it feels like winter again. The desert likes to ruin my favorite season. It might snow tomorrow.. let's keep our fingers crossed.
The move this weekend was fairly uneventful. Scott and Dave decided to be superheroes and come out to help us. There is no way I would have survived on Saturday without them. None of us were interested in actually working, but somehow we persevered. It really only took a few hours.. While Scott and my David loaded the truck, Dave T. and I went to the new house and cleaned it, since it was honestly a disaster zone. It had been empty for over a year, and quite obviously never cleaned during that time. Dave noticed bird excrement all over the place and we're pretty sure we found the spot where the poor little bird died and decayed. It's pretty depressing.. but now it is cleaned and I'll just pretend like it never happened.
We finished unpacking the kitchen, the books and our closet. I should be done with all of this nonsense by tomorrow.. I will take pictures so you can have a digital tour of our new place. You'll find you like what you see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment