David and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary on Valentine's Day 2006 and that was the last time we participated in the holiday. I'm not really a huge fan of romance in general. This year, being my first year as a domestic engineer, if you will, I decided to make the most of it and made delicious blueberry pancakes for breakfast. In the spirit of St. Valentine, I added some pinkish red "cream cheese" frosting on top.
While Dave was at work I made him some peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate frosting, because I'm pretty much the best wife out there.
David proved his love to me in the form of a dozen gerber daisies. He was definitely an excellent choice.
If you're interested in recreating my cupcakes, here's the recipe. Please to enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3/4 c. vanilla rice milk
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. canola oil
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. molasses
2 tsp. ground chia seeds
1 1/8 c. oat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat the over to 350F. Mix milk with vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter, oil, sugar, molasses, vanilla and chia seeds until well combined. Then mix in the milk mixture. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl and mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix it until just combined. Do not over mix! Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 19 to 22 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting
1 c. earth balance @ room temperature
4 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. vanilla rice milk
1/2 c. cocoa powder
dash of salt
Mix the ingredients together until smooth and fluffy. Although it looks like a disaster in the beginning, don't get discouraged. Just keep on mixing. It takes about 5 minutes.





No comments:
Post a Comment